Allawee,com (“we”, “us” or “our”) is a digital credit card that helps you build credit history every time you pay back. We provide this service exclusively to members of the Nigerian Federal Civil Service and registered drivers on the rode-hailing platforms, Taxify and Uber (altogether known as “the Organizations”)
We are an independent contractor for all purposes, providing this website and our services on an independent service provider basis. We do not have control or assume the liability or legality for the products or services that are paid for with our service. We do not guarantee any user’s identity.
To use Allawee, you have to create a Allawee account by registering. To register, you will provide us with certain information such as your email, first name, last name, ID details and phone number and we may seek to verify your information, through third parties, after which we will approve your account unless deemed risky. You give us permission to do all these.
Change of Information
In the event that you change any information provided to us at registration including your business name, address, financial institution, mode of payments or the products and services that you offer, or where a corporate restructuring occurs you agree to notify us within 14 days of such change. We may be unable to respond to you if you contact us from an address, telephone number or email account that is not registered with us.
Third Party Verification/Integration
You agree and understand:
- That Allawee shall provide certain wallet services such as airtime recharge, funds transfer, etc through third party integrators and entities;
- That Allawee shall obtain your financial records during on-boarding through third party verification platforms for the purpose of fulfilling Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements as stipulated by regulatory authorities;
- That Allawee shall make use of third party verification platforms to complete its KYC requirements in any manner deemed necessary by Allawee;
- That the data received by Allawee shall only be used for the purpose for which it was collected;
- That the data received by Allawee for verification purposes is not stored or retained by Allawee. Thus in the event of data breach, Allawee shall bear no liability to you in this regard.
You agree not to allow anyone else to have or use your password details and to comply with all reasonable instructions we may issue regarding account access and security. In the event you share your password details, Allawee will not be liable to you for losses or damages. You will also take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal electronic device through which you access Allawee’s services (including, without limitation, using PIN and/or password protected personally configured device functionality to access Allawee’s services and not sharing your device with other people).
Allawee is committed to managing your Personal Information in line with global industry best practices. You can read our Privacy Notice to understand how we use your information and the steps we take to protect your information.
Our website and services are not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly transact or provide any services to children underAA 18.
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws related to your use of our website and services. However, by accessing or using Allawee, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of our Acceptable Use Policy which you can read on our Acceptable Use Policy page.
WE TRY TO KEEP ALLAWEE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES, BUG-FREE AND SAFE, HOWEVER, YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND/OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS). WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALLAWEE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR FROM ALLAWEE, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR ITS OR THEIR SUPPLIERS (OR THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES) (COLLECTIVELY, "ALLAWEE PARTIES") SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE TO THE LIMITATION LIABILITY CLAUSE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: ALLAWEE WILL IN NO WAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING DAMAGES RESULTING FROM REVENUE LOSS, PROFIT LOSS, USE, DATA, GOODWILL , BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (WHETHER ALLAWEE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR NOT) ARISING OUT OF ALLAWEE’S WEBSITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION TO INABILITY TO USE, OR ARISING FROM THE RUSULT OF USE OF ALLAWEE’S WEBSITE OR SERVICES) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON WARRANTY, TORT, CONTRACT, STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations of liability may not apply to you. To the extent that any Allawee Party may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of the Allawee Party's liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Updates, Modifications & Amendments
License to Use Our Website
We grant you a non-assignable, non-exclusive and revocable license to use the software provided as part of our services in the manner permitted by these Terms. This license grant includes all updates, upgrades, new versions and replacement software for you to use in connection with our services.
The services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both Nigeria and foreign countries. Nothing in this Term gives you a right to use the Allawee name or any of Allawee’s trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. All right, title and interest in and to the services are and will remain the exclusive property of Allawee and its licensors.
If you do not comply with all the provisions, then you will be liable for all resulting damages suffered by you, Allawee and all third parties. Unless otherwise provided by applicable law, you agree not to alter, re-design, reproduce, adapt, display, distribute, translate, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to create any source code that is derived from the software.
Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide to us and our services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestion as we see fit without any obligation to you.
Representation and Warranties
You represent and warrant to Allawee that:
- That you are a registered and bonafide member of any of the Organizations;
- The information supplied to Allawee is true and accurate;
- you have full power and authority to enter into, execute, deliver and perform this Agreement;
- you are duly organised, authorised and in good standing under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or any state, region or country of your organisation and are duly authorised to do business in all other states, regions or countries in which your business operates.
We do not grant any right or license to any Allawee intellectual property rights by implication, estoppel or otherwise other than those expressly mentioned in this Agreement.
Each party shall retain all intellectual property rights including all ownership rights, title, and interest in and to its own products and services, subject only to the rights and licenses specifically granted herein.
You hereby grant Allawee permissions to use your name and logo in our marketing materials including, but not limited to use on our website, in customer listings, in interviews and in press releases.
The parties acknowledge that in the performance of their duties under this Agreement, either party may communicate to the other (or its designees) certain confidential and proprietary information, including without limitation information concerning each party’s services, know how, technology, techniques, or business or marketing plans (collectively, the “Confidential Information”) all of which are confidential and proprietary to, and trade secrets of, the disclosing party. Confidential Information does not include information that: (i) is public knowledge at the time of disclosure by the disclosing party; (ii) becomes public knowledge or known to the receiving party after disclosure by the disclosing party other than by breach of the receiving party’s obligations under this section or by breach of a third party’s confidentiality obligations; (iii) was known by the receiving party prior to disclosure by the disclosing party other than by breach of a third party’s confidentiality obligations; or (iv) is independently developed by the receiving party.
As a condition to the receipt of the Confidential Information from the disclosing party, the receiving party shall: (i) not disclose in any manner, directly or indirectly, to any third party any portion of the disclosing party’s Confidential Information; (ii) not use the disclosing party’s Confidential Information in any fashion except to perform its duties under this Agreement or with the disclosing party’s express prior written consent; (iii) disclose the disclosing party’s Confidential Information, in whole or in part, only to employees and agents who need to have access thereto for the receiving party’s internal business purposes; (iv) take all necessary steps to ensure that its employees and agents are informed of and comply with the confidentiality restrictions contained in this Agreement; and (v) take all necessary precautions to protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information received hereunder and exercise at least the same degree of care in safeguarding the Confidential Information as it would with its own confidential information, and in no event shall apply less than a reasonable standard of care to prevent disclosure.
The service is subject to a service charge based on the applicable interest rate. Allawee will always disclose the specific service charge and repayment option. In the event of late payment, Allawee will charge you a late payment fee. The fee is fixed by Allawee and it may be revised from time.
A default will occur when you (the User) fails to repay the sum allocated to him/her at the due date of payment and after notifications have been sent to them to make payment. Default also occurs where the information you supplied to us are discovered to be false, and where Allawee’s right becomes prejudice, thereby causing Allawee damage or loss.
In the event of default in payment, Allawee has the following rights:
- Allawee will notify the Credit Bureau of your default;
- Allawee may institute legal proceedings against you and is under no obligation to inform you before the proceedings commence;
- You shall be responsible for all legal costs and expenses incurred by Allawee in attempting to obtain repayment of any outstanding balance owed by you. Interest on any amount which becomes due and payable shall be charged.
You agree to allow Allawee to send you payment reminders from time-to-time. You also agree that payment reminders may take the form of any available communication. You also agree that if you fail to pay an amount owed to Allawee pursuant to this Agreement, Allawee may engage in collection efforts to recover such amounts from you. These collection efforts may involve contacting you directly, submitting your information to a collection’s agency, or taking legal action.
Failure to Pay May Affect Your Credit Score.
You may terminate this Agreement by closing your Allawee Account.
We may suspend your Allawee Account and your access to Allawee services and any funds, or terminate this Agreement, if;
- you do not comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement;
- we are required to do so by a Law;
- we are directed by a financial institution; or
- where a suspicious or fraudulent transaction occurs
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Allawee, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of this Agreement.
Acceptable Use Policy
By accessing or using Allawee, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy.
You may not use Allawee in connection with any product, service, transaction or activity that:
- violates any law or government regulation, or promotes or facilitates such by third parties;
- is fraudulent, deceptive, unfair or predatory;
- causes or threatens reputational damage to us or;
- involves any of the business categories listed in clause 2 below; or
- results in or creates a significant risk of chargebacks, penalties, damages or other harm or liability.
Certain Business Categories
You may not use Allawee in connection with any product, service, transaction or activity that:
- falls within the Prohibition List of the Nigerian Customs Administration of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- relates to the sale and/or purchase of:
- banned narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk a consumer's safety;
- blood, bodily fluids or body parts;
- burglary tools;
- counterfeit items;
- illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia;
- fireworks, destructive devices and explosives;
- identity documents, government documents, personal financial records or personal information (in any form, including mailing lists);
- lottery tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines without the required license;
- offensive material or hate speech or items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime;
- police badges or uniforms;
- recalled items;
- prohibited services;
- unlicensed financial services, stocks or other securities;
- stolen property;
- items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction;
- sales of currency without Bureau De Change license, certain cryptocurrency operators;
- obscene material or pornography;
- certain sexually oriented materials or services;
- certain firearms, firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives; or
- any product or service that is illegal or marketed or sold in such a way as to create liability to Allawee.
- show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law;
- support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs;
- are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card;
- pertain to ammunitions and arms; and
- involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes unless the operator has obtained prior approval from Allawee and the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.
Actions by Allawee
If, in our sole discretion, we believe that you may have engaged in any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, we may (with or without notice to you) take such actions as we deem appropriate to mitigate risk to Allawee and any impacted third parties and to ensure compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. Such actions may include, without limitation:
- Blocking the settlement or completion of one or more payments;
- Suspending, restricting or terminating your access to and use of the Allawee’s Services;
- Terminating our business relationship with you, including termination without liability to Allawee of any payment service agreement between you and Allawee;
- Taking legal action against you;
- Contacting and disclosing information related to such violations to (i) persons who have sold/purchased goods or services from you, (ii) any banks or Card Networks involved with your business or transactions, (iii) law enforcement or regulatory agencies, and (iv) other third parties that may have been impacted by such violations; or
- Assessing against you any fees, penalties, assessments or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that we may incur as a result of such violations, which you agree to pay promptly upon notice.
Updates, Modifications & Amendments
We may need to update, modify or amend our Acceptable Use Policy at any time. We reserve the right to make changes to this Acceptable Use Policy.
We advise that you check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification on the page.